Polymeric sand (paver sand) was first introduced to the Hardscaping industry by the end of the 20th century. It is a coarse, usually silica, dried sand that has had polymers added to it that when activated with water, harden up and seal off paver joints. The polymeric sand maintains a firm bond between the pavers in place, being equally effective on both horizontal and sloped surfaces and is ideal for Pool Surroundings, Patios, Walkways and Driveways.
Every interlocking pavement system requires the installation of joint sand to reduce paver movement and offer an esthetically satisfying look.
Plain sand can be used to fill the joints between pavers, but polymeric sand offers many advantages:
- Increase endurance. The polymeric binding agents in sand help hold the pavers together in place. This will prolong installation life for many years to come. Polymeric sand also reduces the amount of water that will wash between the paver joints down into the base layer. This will help to stop the deterioration process of the foundation.
- Holds back weeds. Plain sand is a much less resilient for weeds to grow than polymeric sand.Weeds are remarkably tough and can grow almost on every surface. Polymeric sand can’t stop completely spread of weeds between paver joints in walkways, driveways or patios, but it will considerably decrease the possibility of germination and prevent future expansion.
- Deflects rain washouts. The washout in paver joints is an increasing problem, especially on aging driveways or patios or systems where plain sand was used. Heavy rain or flood can damage tremendously any pavement, but polymeric sand will protect joints like an invisible shield event during the biggest storms.
- Prevent erosion. Helps prevent erosion due to climatic conditions, such as wind and freezing.
- Protect against insect infestation. Ants and other insects can build huge underground colonies making your paver base unstable and unpleasant. Polymeric sand will make more difficult for them to make homes in the spaces between your pavers.
Polymeric sand is manufactured in a variety of colors. Typically in different shades of beige and gray. This is a big advantage because you can choose the tint of sand that matches the color of your pavers.
Sparta Block distributes Flexlock Sand, High Performance Polymeric Sand For Concrete Paver, Wetcast & Natural Stone Joints up to 1″. Flexlock Sand is a unique mixture of polymer binders and calibrated sand available in Sandy Beige, Graphite Grey and Ivory
Available by the: 50 lbs bag
Polymeric Sand Delivery in Tri-State Area( New Jersey, New York, Connecticut and Pennsylvania)
Located in northern New Jersey, we service locally polymeric sand delivery for Sussex County, Passaic County, Bergen County, Morris County, Essex County and Hudson County.
We stock 50 lbs. bags of polymeric sand (56 bags on the pallet) For difficult to reach job sites we have our Forklift/Piggyback trucks on standby.
For pickup polymeric sand by contractors or homeowners please visit our yard in Sparta, NJ
If you have any question call our main line 973-729-6686, we are always ready to help our customers!